THE 2nd INTERNATIONAL VietTESOL CONFERENCE
Hanoi, 27th November 2015
Call for Papers
Hanoi National University of Education is delighted to invite all those working in the field of English Language Teaching (ELT), or those who have an interest in this field, to submit an abstract for the 2nd International VietTESOL Conference, TRANSFORMING ENGLISH LANGUAGE EDUCATION IN THE ERA OF GLOBALISATION, to be held in Hanoi on 27th November 2015.
The conference intends to link the following groups of participants
The 2nd International VietTESOL Conference aims to:
1. Enhance Vietnamese teachers’ capabilities of skills in English language education and research in the Vietnamese educational context, which serves the mission of preparing Vietnam for a more effective process of globalization;
2. Create a professional forum for Vietnamese and international TESOL practitioners to exchange experiences and develop ideas for research on innovative practices in the field of ELT in Vietnam and around the world;
3. Promote contextual and cultural understanding for more productive exchange of ideas and innovations among ELT professionals;
4. Achieve the Vietnam National Foreign Languages Project 2020’s aims for the academic year 2015 – 2016 with an emphasis on the innovation of curricula, testing and assessment nationwide.
Sub-theme 1: Media and technology in English language teaching and learning
- Using media and technology in ELT;
- Exploiting Internet resources in ELT;
- Using social networks in English learning and teaching.
Sub-theme 2: Contemporary issues in English teaching and learning
- Developing English language skills and components;
- Classroom practicalities: testing and assessment, lesson planning, classroom management;
- Materials/ course design and development;
- Developing communication skills, teamwork skills, problem solving skills, critical and creative thinking skills;
- Creativity in English classrooms;
- Teaching English to young learners;
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL).
Sub-theme 3: Cultural issues in English language teaching and learning
- Cultural differences in English teaching and learning;
- Cultural awareness in ELT;
- Culturally responsive teaching.
Sub-theme 4: Professional development
- Reflective practice;
- Teacher learning;
- Teachers and learners’ identities;
- Building communities of practice.
Deadline for abstract submission
14st September 2015
Notification of abstract acceptance
1st October 2015
Deadline for presenter registration
15th October 2015
Deadline for submission of full papers for conference proceedings
20th October 2015
Deadline for participant registration
20th November 2015
Submission and registration can be made at: http://viettesol.hnue.edu.vn/Conferences/Registration
VietTESOL Organising Committee,
Faculty of English, Hanoi National University of Education
Room 112, Building D3, 136 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Or Ms. Nguyen Tam Trang: +84913087099+84913087099