THE 2nd INTERNATIONAL VietTESOL CONFERENCE
Hanoi National University of Education – 27 November 2015
GUIDELINES FOR THE CALL FOR PAPERS
1. PRESENTATION FORMAT
· Paper Presentation: is a 20-minute presentation including the post-presentation discussion with questions and answers.Ideally, the presenter should restrict the talk to 10 minutes and allows 10 minutes for the discussion. A paper presentation is presenter-centred. The participation from the audience is mainly asking questions or sharing their opinions during the discussion.
· Interactive Workshop: is a 40-minute teaching session including questions and answers. It should provide practical teaching activities and encourage active participation from the audience through experiencing and discussing these teaching activities.
· Poster Gallery: posters communicate the information with the audience through images, including charts, graphs, pictures, and brief text. Posters are to be displayed during the conference.
2. FULL PAPERS
· Language: English
· Length: from 3000-5000 words, including an abstract of 250 words maximum, title (less than 15 words), key words or key phrases (from 3 to 8 words), texts, tables, footnotes, appendixes, and references in APA styles.
· Format: APA Word format (Font: Times New Roman, size: 12, all margins: 2.54 cm, double spacing).
· Submitted as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 October 2015. In the subject line, type “Paper_level_full name”, e.g. “Paper_primary_Nguyen Tam Trang”.
· Language: English
· Design and layout specifications:
o The entire poster must be mounted on one A0-sized paper.
o Poster title, author’s name, and department should be positioned at top-center of the paper.
o No specific formats are required for the poster’s layout, colour, font, size, etc., but care needs to be given to font size, layout and features to make it engaged the viewers.
o References for poster format and samples can be found at http://www.pitt.edu/~etbell/nsurg/PosterGuide.html;
· Submitted as an email attachment in .jpg and .pdf format to email@example.com no later than 20 October 2015. In the subject line, type “Poster_level_full name”,e.g. “Poster_primary_Nguyen Tam Trang”.
· No printing preparation: Posters will be printed by VietTESOL.